Frequently Asked Questions
What is PPM?
Positive and Productive Meetings or PPM is a simple and powerful process that any team can use to reclaim their meetings. Positive and Productive Meetings foster collaboration, promote creativity and make meetings feel better.
How is PPM different from other meeting approaches?
- PPM is versatile. It’s being used on construction sites and in governmental policy think tanks and everywhere in between.
- It’s customizable. The process works for you, not the other way around.
- It’s starts working immediately. PPM doesn’t wait for a cultural shift in your organization; it is a cultural shift. The day after PPM training, your meetings will be changed.
- It’s humanizing. Efficiency too often costs us the smaller, sweeter things that sustain us at work. PPM builds upon our relationships and individual strengths to help us work together better.
- It’s team based. We don’t train one person to be a strong facilitator. We train teams to work together collaboratively, ensuring that everyone contributes.
How will my meetings change?
It’s hard to say, since every team faces different challenges in the meeting room, though some changes are universal to teams using this process:
- People know why they’re at the meeting.
- Agendas are more effective at organizing the meeting.
- People come prepared.
- New tools ensure everyone is engaged and contributing.
- New tools inspire creative problem-solving.
What’s PPM training like?
It’s fun. It’s engaging. We use activities, role-playing, graphics and dialogue to engage all learning styles. You’ll learn new tools and techniques and then get to practice them immediately, often with your whole team, if they are all able to attend.
How long is training?
PPM training is a full day.
How much does it cost?
Contact us for course pricing. Let us know where you’re located, if you are a for-profit or non-profit organization and how many people you would like to attend the training. E-mail us at info (at) positiveproductivemeetings (dot) com.
What should I bring to training?
You should bring pen and paper. Your PPM trainer will bring any other materials you might need over the course of the day.
How do I start using PPM?
When you leave the PPM training, you will have several ready-made strategies to start using at your next meeting.
Does my whole team have to attend training?
It is a much more powerful experience when full teams attend together. At a minimum, send two people who can take the information back to the team. People tell us that the more people who attend from the team, the better!
Where can I attend training?
You can hire an accredited PPM trainer to deliver the course locally. Sometimes two organizations or community groups club together to fund this. Many of our trainers and consultants are willing to travel to work with your group.
Are there PPM facilitators?
We have trainers and facilitators in the USA, UK and Australia. Please go to the trainers page for their details.
Is there a handbook on how to do PPM?
Yes. There is a detailed and practical course book that is available as part of the training.
My meetings are a real mess, can you help?
Yes! Come on one of our training course and we will give you simple practical tools that you can use straight away to transform your meetings.